Saturday, October 28, 2006

They Elected This Guy Mayor of Star City?

Ollie, did ya borrow that from Eros or
do you always carry golden arrows around?


Dorian at (postmodernbarney.com) was picking on Green Arrow earlier this week. So in my effort to prove I have absolutely no original contributions to the blogosphere and can only steal ideas from blogs far superior to my own, I thought I'd post these panels and take a shot at GA too!

In truth, after finishing my just-purchased Seven Soldiers trades, I wanted to re-read JLA #100-102, the first mention of the Nebula Man (albeit in flashback). When I happened upon these panels, I remembered Dorian's post and thought, "Why the hell not?" Hey folks, at least I'm stealing ideas from only the best blogs on the web!!

I understand these panels were needed to explain why nobody could deliver the Nebula Rod to The Hand That Holds The Earth without risk of death (and to set-up Red Tornado for the beginning of his never-ending death/resurrection cycle).

Fate's comment that Superman is venerable to magic holds water since the Nebula Man was at least partly magical in nature.

However, Green Arrow's point?

Take a look at the hand.


Do YOU see any damn golden wooden arrows poking out of that thing??

And I ask again, "Where the hell did GA get that arrow?"

3 Comments:

SallyP said...

Ollie likes to be prepared.

Queer Legion (QL) said...

Makes you wonder what else Ollie's got in his quiver.

SallyP said...

Heehee! Guess you'd have to ask
Black Canary!