Saturday, October 28, 2006

Gimme a "N" or
Nura! Nura! Nura! Nura!

I told you not to f*ck with Dreamy!

The Legion of Superheroes #288, "The Legionnaire's Made For Burning"

Since I started the "Gimme a" series with Dreamy flirting, it seems only fitting I should end it with Nura really showing off her stuff. These panels from LSH #288 mark the beginning of Levitz's evolution of Dream Girl that would continue through his 80s run.

Dream Girl, Shadow Lass, Mon-el and Ultra Boy have gone to Orando, Princess Projectra's home world, to save Jeckie and Karate Kid from being executed by Jeckie's grandmother, Hagga, in her play for Orando's throne. (Gee, I thought my family had issues!)

With two of the most powerful Legionnaires on hand, who saves the day? Nura, of course!!

I love this scene because in addition to being a fantastic Dream Girl moment, it illustrates why the Legion works so well as a team book: It truly is all about the teamwork. Nura frees herself, using her willpower alone and pretends she's a witch who can block out the sun. Shady uses her power to further the ruse. Nura whacks the bejesus out of Hagga, causing her spells to dissipate, and the freed Legionnaire's kick some bad guy *ss! Great Legion teamwork!

With that, the "Gimme a" series ends. (I wasn't going for "Legion of Super-Heroes"; that would take almost a month of posts to do!) There will be a "bonus" installment tomorrow, but the series proper is over.

I hope longtime Legion fans have enjoyed this and people who've never read the Legion are tempted to try out the current series. It's well worth the read!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

I will not agree on it. I think nice post. Particularly the title attracted me to study the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

BTW, use GSM blocker to disable all spy transmitters in your home or at work.