Sunday, October 29, 2006

And What Does It Spell? LEGION!





I promised a bonus to the Legion "Gimme a..." series, and here it is. The cover from LSH #300 featuring the Legion as rendered by 34 different artists!

At the time of publication, the editor held a contest for readers to identify the penciller/inker team (or single artist) for each Legionnaire. I thought I'd post both the cover & artist list for any of you who are in desperate need for something else on which to waste your valuable time.

I'm not making this an "official" TPCM contest. ('Cause I've got bupkus for a prize, and more importantly, I'd hate to throw a party & have nobody come!)

But if you're so inclined, feel free to post your guesses for any or all characters in the comments section. I'll post the list of characters and artists (& the names of folks with correct answers, if anyone takes a stab at it) next Sunday.

Knock yourself out!

4 Comments:

Matthew E said...

Oh, cripes, I couldn't do this when it first came out; I'm certainly not going to be any better at it now.

Queer Legion (QL) said...

Yeah, I remember staring at the cover for about 30 minutes, throwing my hands up in the air and saying, "Screw it. I'll wait for them to publish the answers!"

SallyP said...

My god,but Bouncing Boy is creepy. And who ever thought that pink and black on a guy was a good idea should go and wash their brain. At least Cosmic Boy isn't wearing his Space corset. Glurrgh.

Queer Legion (QL) said...

Believe it or not, Cos's "Ode to Pepto" costume was designed by George Perez!! Love the man's art to death! But costume design was not his forte.

No wonder Jericho from the Titans went bat-sh*t crazy; it was the cumulative effect of having to put on that costume of his!!