Thursday, October 26, 2006

Gimme an "I" or
I Want You To Want Me

"Feelin' all alone without a friend,
you know you feel like dyin'.
Oh, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you cryin'?"
Adventure Comics #369, "Mordru The Merciless"


These panels come from the classic story featuring the debut of Mordru. I first read the story in an oversized tabloid reprint. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd Legion story I ever read, and I loved it.

The tabloid edition had some extras including the 2-page Bouncing Boy/Duo Dasmel wedding shot (with a diagram explaining who everyone was), a layout of the Legion headquarters and some panel shots from various stories feature different rooms in the headquarters. All that for $1.00. Those were the days!!

I liked the story for many reasons, not the least of which was this quiet scene with Luornu, upset she can't get Superboy to notice her . My heart just broke for her!!

While Jim Shooter may not have always handled females characters as well as he should have (see Silver Sexist Gold), he was right on the money with this one.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for hopeless crushes. Always have been, always will be.

2 Comments:

SallyP said...

Sweetie, he's not worth it! Trust me, he does the same thing to Ice further down the road! Not wonder Guy hates his super guts. Whereas Bouncing Boy is a LOAD of laughs! That whole "let me throw myself down the stairs" thing he has is priceless!

Queer Legion (QL) said...

Plus, Luornu got to finally learn about all the joys of getting a chubby!