Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Flash: Keeping It On The Down-Low

Adobe Photoshop single-user license: $649.00
JLA #144 Near Mint condition: $45.00

The excitement on Robin's face: PRICELESS

"Iris, I wasn't with another woman."
"I was saving the planet with Superman, Batman and Robin."


What's amazing is I only had to change the narration caption, one word in Robin's ballon and three words in Batman's. Here're the original panels. This JLA issue featured the White Martins and a ton of guest stars. Not a bad story, but I don't think it had much sticking power in pre-COIE continuity.

"Truth in advertising": I did the panel changes in LViewPro (shareware) & Paint (Windows freebie) and the JLA#144 back issue only cost me $2.50.

I hope if Dick Dillin is reading this blog in heaven, he'll forgive me for desecrating his beautiful art work. But I just couldn't resist, those two panel were begging to be f*cked with.

2 Comments:

SallyP said...

Now THAT'S funny!

Queer Legion (QL) said...

SallyP: You're SO kind!! I was afraid everybody thought it was either too stupid or too crude. I'm VERY happy to know at least one person got a laugh out of it!!!